Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

My 92 Griffin 2.3T has a stiff gas pedal. Is it just a part of the nature of the car?
I have recently had rent-a-cars such as Ford Mondeo and
Toyota Avensis and their pedal is very soft. It is not a problem, even my wife doesn's make claims of it but since I am otherwise all happy wished to ask.

Thanks + regards

Peter Finn

·
Registered
92 Posts
Peter,

Is the gas pedal also a bit jerky as it moves? If so, could be the same as I (and gyro) had. You can try putting oil in the throttle cable, but this didnt work for me in the end, so I got a new throttle cable (suprisingly cheap at about Eur 52).

Your Griffin is probably different from the CS, and will be RHD, but this might help, it's how I installed mine.

Richard

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by MikeLoadsaSaabs:
[qb]Could be that the TCS has packed up & it's on emergency throttle control (or whatever its called).  Don't know if the 92 Griffin had TCS - my 1990 2.3T did but I know it was dispensed with at some point. [/qb][/b]
Hi Mike!

Thanks for your reply - yes it does have TCS. Will go to a Saab service and ask their opinion if there is something on it.

Cheers
Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.