Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:

Just got home and noticed smell of gasoline in the interior as I was driving home. Got out of car and smell fumes strongly coming from around the car. Checked under hood and smell is not pronounced nor did I see any leaks around the injectors. Have not seen any leaks under car either. Checked the trunk where fuel pump is located and the smell is not pronounced.

What else should I be looking at? Smell is overwhelming on the outside and garage now smells heavily of gasoline.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

wherewolfe

·
Registered
200 Posts
wherewolfe have you checked the filler neck as i believe there might be some rubber joints that might crack with age, the fumes might be gas that has spilled out while cornering and be soaked up by road dirt grit etc so acting like a small sponge holding fuel hence the strong smell
best of luck with this regards redrocket

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I checked the filler neck all the way down to the tank. It is all new and secured good. No signs of leaks.
The overflow should not be effected as I only have about 1/4 tank of gas and I cannot find any drips or leaks.

I double started the car before coming home.(started it and didn't think it turned over and then shut it off and started again, quickly).

Wonder if I flooded it, but it ran smooth and normal by the tach readings.

Any other thoughts??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts