Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97' 9000 2.3FPT Maptun Stg3 and have made my budget for going further to an individual ECU program.

But the stock turbo unit is not capable of producing boost any higher than 1.3bar. I carefully have checked the boost/vacuum system, no any leak and no any turbo failure symptoms. At this point I made sure that the culprit is turbo itself. Reading the metal plate on Garrett turbo I noted the below details.

Z102167A

Does anybody have idea of this unit's max capacity and market title? As far as I have found this turbo was originally fitted to Saab 2.0l models from 1994 to 1999 but I couldn't find any performance data.

I have planned all the other upgrade components to run safely at 1.7bar peak value. Going through the economic way; is it possible to rebuild this turbo unit to safely produce 1.7bar?

If no way, then I have to get a new turbo which must be an exact fit BUT which one? Since turbo exchange is a rather costy business, I need suggestions.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
As you have Maptun software, my advice would be to contact Maptun and ask them what turbo they would recommend. This means that they will also be able to give you the correctly mapped software to match it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I'm not completely wrong it's a Garret T25 turbo. They will do to ~280 bhp, depending on your other equipment and how good your tuner is at the ECU-programming.

Regards
Stoffe

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by Stoffe:
[qb]If I'm not completely wrong it's a Garret T25 turbo. They will do to ~280 bhp [/qb][/b]
If you have a T25 fitted you can exchange it as a direct replacement (no modifications) for a T28 which should be capable of 300+ bhp.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts