Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and a very good day to one and all.
From my understanding of the wiring loom for the front spot lights, (9000 T CS )there are two fuses, one by the relay in the main relay box under the bonnet, the other is a question mark, Has anybody got any ideas where it lives? There does not seem to be a space within the main fuse box inside the car on the near side passenger well.
Andy

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK,, that's fine, got that. now at the fuse and the cable conection with the spot lignts I get 4.9volts, when the switch is ON or off , any ideas why that should be? when the swtch is pressed in and out you can feel/hear the realy swtching by the way. but I cannot understand why I only get 4.9 volts, the multi metter is caled OK, I checked that aganst 12v, 9v & 6v all read fne.
TIA

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by Bacardi:
[qb]Hi and a very good day to one and all.
From my understanding of the wiring loom for the front spot lights, (9000 T CS )there are two fuses, one by the relay in the main relay box under the bonnet, the other is a  question mark, Has anybody got  any ideas where it lives?   There does not seem to be a space within the main fuse box inside the car on the near side passenger well.
Andy [/qb][/b]
Andy,

When you say spots, your mean the inner half of the main headlights? Main Beam?

If so, it's my understanding each of the 4 H1 bulbs in the headlights are individually fused, all from the fuse and relay box by the battery.

I've never seen a CS with separate spots yet, there isn't really anywhere to mount them.

Andrew

·
Registered
138 Posts
try to find out at which point in the circuit the voltage drops, for instance, is the feed to the relay 12V? and is the feed coming out of the relay to the lamps 12V? if not there is a high resistance in the relay and it should be replaced (hopefully curing the problem) If you can trace the point at which the voltage drops you should find your problem.
Hope this helps

Cheers Dazzel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.