Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am trying to find this noise which is a clunking / clicking coming from the front passengers side of my '92 2.3 turbo

I have changed the torn CV boot and checked the CV joint i have checked the CV joint on the other side these are both fine.
I have checked all the engine/gearbox mounts and these all seem fine.
I have checked the anti roll bar and i have got to change some of the bushes but i don't think this would make the noise.
Checked steering - needs re alinment
Check suspension - all OK
Just change disks and pads

Then my mate got in the car and said he thought the noise was coming from the dash?????????????

Could this be where the noise is coming from?

Please help

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Jason

Could you tell us a little more about the noise,

e.g when does it happen
- is it there all the time
- is it proportional to speed
- does it depend what gear you are in
- accelerating/braking

·
Banned
693 Posts
Jason, two things occur to me on this. Firstly, did the noise start immediately after you changed the pads & discs? If so, it is likely the two things are connected. Secondly, a visual/wiggle test will often not reveal a duff CV - have you tried the full lock forward & back test each side?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a noise like this on an old 9000. I went through everything only found it when jacked car up it was a track rod end. It only showed up when we put a large screwdriver under it to lift it. Worth checking this one to eliminate it off
the list. Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right.
The noise had been there ever since i have had the car.
It happens when i accelerate hard in any gear i not hear it when slowing down.
I have just replaced the CV boots i dont hear any noise when turning .
Could it be the lower wishbone bushes?
How do i test them??
How do i test the track rod end?? put screw driver where and what should i see?

J

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Could be lower wishbone bushes. When my first set went there was a cluncking/knocking especially on take up of drive. The second set (another 9000) showed up as a sharp pulling to the right on acceleration (no knocking). The first pair were shot though, the inner metal sleeve was completely detached from the rubber.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK an update!!!
I have changed CV boots Joints OK
I have just spent 6 hours changing the front anti roll bar drop links and checked ALL the sub frame bolts are tight!!!
And STILL i have this poxy knocking coming from the front end.
If there is a god out there please speak NOW?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.