Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Remove the carpeted wooden boot floor.

If you check just infront of the hinged part there will be 2 recessed torx screws hidden in the carpet as small holes.

you can then pull the floor back 1-2 inches and then lift it out.

Andrew

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK found the pump and have no voltage, tested the relay that is fine. But when I connect a meter to the power pin of the relay socket and earth and pull # 14 fuse the power still stays on. confused please help

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The pump will run for 1-2 seconds after the key is switched on and then turn off, only switching on when the fuel pressure drops below a certain point.

with the car running (idleing) this is normally every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

it is possible to jumper the relay contact points when checking fuel related items for a short while.

Andrew.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info but the pump does not run at all, would be great if someone had a circuit diagram or wiring. power does not seem to be getting to the pump from the relay socket as I have tried a jumper.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
You say the relay is OK and can be heard to click. If it does, then jumper fuse 14 to fuse 22 (hazard warning lights) and see if the pump runs or has power.

If no power then you have a bad lead, if you have power you have a bad pump.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by gelcoat:
[qb]OK found the pump and have no voltage, tested the relay that is fine. But when I connect a meter to the power pin of the relay socket and earth and pull # 14 fuse the power still stays on. confused please help [/qb][/b]
There will be a minimum of 2 power and 2 earth or delivery leads for the relay.

A switched power and earth for the relay coil and a heavy power and load for the pump

Andrew

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys for all your advice. I will try jumping fuse 22 to 14 tommorow as I am done in now. If any other advice available it will be gratefully accepted. will let you know the results tomorrow

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the 22-14 fuse routine and no joy, so have removed the pump and connected it across 12 v, no noise or anything so I presume that the pumphas had it, or is there some other control within the pump housing. also whilst checking the relay it worked ok on a 12v supply but not in position, I have 12v on one side of the relay but no return path on the voilet that returns to the fuel ECU, is this normal and where is this ECU

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.