Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Could a defect fuel pump cause problems with boost? With stock configuration could it be ok but with a modified car, which requires more fuel (stage 3) , cause occasionally failures and a kind of fuel cut and as result lower performance? Are there any issues about this?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally posted by 9-5 aero:
[qb]Hi

Could a defect fuel pump cause problems with boost? With stock configuration could it be ok but with a modified car, which requires more fuel (stage 3) , cause occasionally failures and a kind of fuel cut and as result lower performance? Are there any issues about this? [/qb][/b]
Rather than guessing I would look at the fuel pressure it self. There is a connection nipple on the fuel rail. Since you have the 3.5FPR the gauge should show 3.5bar when the vac hose is disconnected from fpr. When on boost, pressure is 3.5bar + boost.

·
Registered
597 Posts
When my boost control solenoid failed, the car was producing too much boost, hitting the fuel cut-off at about 3500rpm then picking up again (about 30hp down overall).

My 9-3 is only stage one, so I don't know if the same could apply at stage 3 on the 9-5 - may be worth unplugging the solenoid just to see though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally posted by sasse:
[qb]Vigge >

You cant measure like that.

The engine will lower the boost if the fuel is not enough.
How will you then now if the fuel pressure is dropping or the boost pressure?

R/Sasse [/qb][/b]
Of course you cant fully measure it, but it sure gives you an idea if the fuel pressure raises to begin with and if this "up grade" fpr really is a 3.5bar and not something else.

You know better than I do, than the Nordic ECU cant provide the quoted 300hp with the stock 3.0bar fpr?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

I changed the fuel filter (wich had already 100.000km) and now the car seems to perform better and no problems with the boost until now. I also added and mixed a special fluid (300mlgr) with the gas in order to clean injectors and the pipes, where the gas runs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.