Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
It is not often that I am outside the car while it is running, but I was this morning and I noticed a high pitched humming/whinning at the rear of the car. I assume this is the fuel pump but I havent noticed it this loud in the past, especially since I am now having to hear it over the new JT exhausts rumble. In fact, I don't remember hearing it at all last winter while clearing the windows. Is this an indication of a problem about to happen?
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine been humming for the last 18 months or so with no other probs.It doesn't do it all the time and it seems to happen when the petrol is getting
very low ( warning light on ) and when the weather is hot ( ie last summer - on the odd day ).
Prob just worth keeping a eye on.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am ordering a new pump tomorrow... the car feels like it is mis firing, and sometimes stalls... pump is almost dead.. and the humming get more often, happens quicker and is REALLY annoying!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Grentarc:
[qb]I am ordering a new pump tomorrow...  the car feels like it is mis firing, and sometimes stalls... pump is almost dead.. and the humming get more often, happens quicker and is REALLY annoying!  
 [/qb][/b]
Hi Grentarc
Are these the sort of symptons that are characteristic of a failing pump?
Kev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.