Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removing fuel pump asy, managed to snap return elbow (apparently a common thing to do)

I read they are hard to replace I understand Saab don't sell them except with whole fuel pipe! Is this true?

Anyone have any ideas where to get in/around London tomorrow? Have read that TwoStroke can supply them...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I snapped the same one working on my fuel pump. Saab will only sell you the whole fuel line! I called a Saab breaker here in the US and got a new peice there. The tubing on this pipe is completely indestructable. It's pretty much impossible to put the new elbow on the old line. The place I bought it from told me to use a peice of copper tube to join the elbow and the line. (and some hose clamps) It worked surprisingly well, held up for over 10k now. Unfortunately I can't help you much with suppliers in the UK HTH!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all,

Went to TwoStroke in Hatfield this am, they supplied new fuel pump insert with extra bit of hose and 2 clips to replace the bit you have to cut to get the insert out, a new (well S/H) elbow with a few inches of pipe attached and a hose connector like a mini version of the ones used for central heating - push the clean/perpendicular cut ends in till it clicks and hey presto!

All working now, and back on the road!

Can thoroughly recommend TwoStroke, nice guys and know what they are doing (sort of like AmD in Bicester for Audi/VW)... its nice to deal with a bunch of enthusiasts...

·
Registered
763 Posts
You can get the elbows from cromwell saab in sydenham (020 8698 9000)and also get them on the existing fuel line with patience and a powerful steam cleaner (used to soften the brittle pipe!)...BUT USE NO FLAME!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.