Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

A couple of engine turnovers, splutters and cut outs this morning. ow I can continuous turn engine without firing.

My mechanic suspects fuel pump, as no fuel spewing out into engine bay when appropriate hexagonal nut is loosened (just behind the DI uunit, right side as you look at it from front of car. Electrics seem ok, according to his electric meter pen type thing.

Anyway... the car is a 1994 (L plate) 2.3 FPT 9000 CSE.

I also have a 1993 (L plate) 2.3 FPT Griffin 9000 CDE sitting outside as a non-runner doing nothing and was wondering if the fuel pump could come out of that and go into the CSE???

(Its a financial reason that I need to come up with the cheapest option in the short term possible time, will worry about Griffin another time!!).

Are they compatible please??

Thankyou,
Andy.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I guess you could be cheeky without getting your toolbox out & your hands dirty.

Phone Saab in the morning armed with the VIN for both cars & ask for a price for a fuel pump for one of the cars. Ask them for the part number.

Phone another Saab outlet afterwards & ask the same of them for the other car.

Check resultant part numbers & there's your answer? And all for the price of two calls.

HTH
Mally

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Mally,

Thats a good way of doing it.One car is miles away (the non-starter) and the Griffin outside house cannot get me to the CSE as its off the road anyway with broken power steering motor.

i will check documents for the VIN Number(s) and I can actually look on the Griffin itself if someone can tell me where the VIN number is???.

Alternatively, what car docs would show it?? (sorry but Im afraid I am not techy minded).

Doubly alternatively, does anyone still know the answer.

Cheers again,
Andy.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I suspect they will be the same. You can look on the eurocarparts.co.uk web site and see if the part numbers are the same. In an old catalogue the fuel pump for 93 - 98 years has one part number for the 9000/CD/CS.

When you do the job there is a lot of guidance on this forum.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou everyone,

Got both pumps out today.

So, for sake of closing the topic, and providing a reference to people in the Future:

++++++++
The Fuel Pump for a 1993 2.3T CDE IS Compatible with a 1994 2.3T CSE.
++++++++

Cheers,
Andy.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi Andy,

A quick update so you know for the future.

The VIN (or VI Number) is located on your V5 document or if you're old like me, the Registration Document as keeper/owner, form the DVLA (That's the Driver Vehicle Licensing Authority for anyone that's not born & bred in the UK).

On all modern vehicles supplied to the UK market, the VIN can also be found in a cutout of the inner, lower right (as you stand in front of the car) windscreen. Underneath where the Tax Disk is placed. On older cars, it's either on a plate riveted to the bonnet-slam panel or the bulk-head, or stamped on the bulkhead... Usually anyway. It's a 17 digit, alpha-numeric string that Saab can use to identify your exact vehicle. (Or any make & model of vehicle for the relevant dealer).

Once you know where to look & see it, you'll never forget. Worth knowing for the reasons offered alone.

Glad you're sorted anyway.

Cheers,
Mally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.