Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mind you, buying the thing is the least of your problems - pushing a hard 14 year old plastic pipe onto the end of it is something entirely different!
I've just done one and it's a pig of a job - I managed it by dunking the end of the plastic pipe in boiling water to soften it, but it's still hard work.
IIRC Saab use a special tool.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ya, Dave, you've got that right. I'm lucky in that I've established a good relationship with the parts department at my local Saab dealer. Not only do they give me a 20% discount on parts, but they also let me borrow tools, in this case the tubing-puller-onto-the-fitting-tool, if I don't have them. Even with the tool, the trick is to not cut the old fitting completely off the plastic fuel line. The trick is to cut the tubing, leaving one of the bulges, then pull the fitting out. This gives one a good easy start to fitting the tubing onto the new fitting. It's then a matter of pressing onto two or three of the remaining bulges of the fitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.