Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking round the engine for tell tale signs of what could be causing the fuel to drain back to the tank and I came across this... IMG_20150607_17947.jpg

The pipe to the filter is metal but where it changes direction towards the foot well there is a tiny piece of moulded plastic pipe with a shaped rubber pipe over the top of that. This doesn't seem right, and the fact that the rubber pipe can be turned where it meets the moulded plastic can only mean that this has massive potential to be one of the points where air could be introduced. Times this by 4 as the feed and return pipes have both got the same pipe layout it looks like there is multiple areas where air could get in. Surely these pipes should be moulded plastic only?

·
Super Moderator
2,949 Posts
Yep I can see what you mean about the pipes , but they maybe joined via bayonet fittings ,like in my trade some rough monkeys use the " sware word " speed fit . And any joint on them you can turn 360 degrees , but some how they don't leak . And they don't allow air in ,so effectively they are sealed .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been trying to find some info/photos on Internet for the same pipes but all photos are of complete engine so by the time you zoom in its all blurred.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts