Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the symptoms are for a faulty fuel feed pump?

And is there an easy way of testing it, without taking it out of the tank?

It's the little auxiliary pump I mean, not the main fuel pump.

Any help appreciated - thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I believe, if it's the same as the C900's, that you may have poor starting with low fuel levels (below 1/4), and may be have fuel starvation at high loads/revs.

Other than that the car should behave normally.

Andrew

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mmmm no, just the opposite really. It starts OK but runs with a slight misfire til it warms up, then pulls like a tractor.

I've checked all the usual, vacuum hoses, throttle body, fuel filter, idle control valve. I'm just working my way round all the things that can be checked rather than replaced.

There is a sensor bolted into the intake manifold which has two vacuum hoses coming off it, one to the throttle body and one to the fuel pressure regulator. I might investigate that next, unless anyone has any more thoughts?

Thanks for your input, anyway.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im in the same boat with my fuel pump let me know how you get on and what you end up paying for the part im struggling to get hold of one,, good luck.  [/b]
Stupot, I haven't seen anyone who sells them by themselves, though it might be worth giving Teesside Autotech a ring - they do Bosch mail order, which is always useful when you've just disassembled something!
Of course, I'm sure your local Saab dealer will be pleased to sell you a shiny new complete unit
I wonder if the system would work without a prepump? They never used to have them - is it vital or is it just an improvement?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
For any Bosch part, try HelpToday. They are well known among XR4i/4x4 ppls for being the cheapest source of fuel injection parts. They won't list it on their site, but call them up with the 10 digit code and ask for a price.

For example, for a K-jet injector which Ford wanted £60 for, and cheapeast factors wanted £35 quid for, they did for £22.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.