Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there to one and all, My Wife has just got 41MPG out of my 9K CS LPT, on a run to London from Southampton return, 147mls, 2 mls of B roads with rounabouts, M27, M3, M25, M4. then 2 mls of B roads with speed humps, lights, etc.
On return she drove via A406, A307, A316, M3, M27, 2 mls of B roads with roundabouts.
she did not go over 70 and kept the revs below 2,500, in the green. I have pics but do not know how to show them here.
Anybody else had such a high fig. from a 9K??

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
2.0 or 2.3?

Best I can get out of my 2.0t is 34.2 indicated off the display over a 140 mile motorway. Actually came out nearer 32 on actual.

I can average mixed driving at 31.2 though (again, on the display).

I would expect the 2.3 to be more economical than the 2.0 due to higher gearing, certainly is the case in the Aero.

David.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Did a real 35mpg in a 400 mile run from Edinburgh to Glasgow last week in the aero.
Speed varied from 60-90 , but I never broke 3000rpm (the last of the green!)
Mostly motorway, heavy traffic (occassionally stopping on Mway) and a bit of London at the end. Not bad, but I'd struggle to get more than 36 unless I was being stupidly cautious about the right foot.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry should have said She's a 2 Ltr CS LPT.

The most I have got out of her is 32 on a run but mostly around town, short dist. less then 10 mls is 21.
Since doing her magic bit of 41, by the way the first part of the trip southampton to London the wife got 42. She just will not let it go the She's better than me.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I've never got more than 35mpg out of my 2.0 LPT, even driving sedately on a run. However, I managed to get 47mpg from my Aero once on a moderate drive round the M25 when the traffic was flowing steadily at 50-60mph. I would often get over 40mpg from that car before I lowered the final drive ratio.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Best I've seen is 99.9 mpg and 1117 miles to empty
That was in my old 9-5 2.3SE auto.

That was after I reset the system at the top of the St Gotthard last autumn and drove south downhill for many miles towards Italy

·
Registered
102 Posts
The best I can get from my 2.3 LPT auto is 27 mpg. That was driving down to the Loire !

Average = 21. Just had it MOT'd and had v.good emmisions.

Also have an ECOtek fitted. Howeverr has made no difference.

Ay ideas what I should be getting.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Over the same weekend (and much of the same roads) I did 1400 miles in my 2.0 LPT and only averaged about 30mpg. Then again, I was thrashing it a bit on the way up to Scotland, since we were running a bit behind. And I did have Mark (Type P) in the car all weekend

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just did Liverpool and back (150 mile each way) in my 93 Aero. Average went up from 23.5 to 29 and then back down to 28.8 and I barely dropped below 90mph (on the private motorways) and then it was to sit in traffic. The old right foot went hard down on the return journey, coming over the Penines.

Quite respectable to say I out ran anything that tried.

Lee

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by max:
[qb]The best I can get from my 2.3 LPT auto is 27 mpg.
Average = 21.
Ay ideas what I should be getting. [/qb][/b]
Ouch. That's bad. My average (also with a 2.3 LPT auto) is currently about 28 (mostly motorway). On a long run to France I'd expect slightly over 30. I would have to hammer it to death to get it down anywhere near 21mph, so I think you may have a problem somewhere.

(Mine has got an Abbott ECU which I think slightly improved fuel consumption, as well as transforming performance. But not by enough to explain the difference between 21 and 28 averages)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Soulhand,

What is your average for non motorway work. aound town and back & fwds to work (15 miles through lanes for me)

The car then averages between 19-22. (english not USA)

Since my last service , 3000 miles ago the trip ometer is averaging 21.2. This includes motorway , aound town and back and forwards to work.

Of interest when cold under slight accelaration the gage averages 7-10 !

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by max:
[qb]Soulhand,

What is your average for non motorway work. aound town and back  & fwds to work (15 miles through lanes for me)
[/qb][/b]
Dunno, my commute is nearly all motorway. Consumption gets slugged a bit at weekends to and from the supermarket etc, but I don't get anywhere near as low as you do. I think you've got something wrong somewhere.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.