Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have a '94 2.0 LPT. I used to get 26-28 on my daily 7 mile journey to and from the station, and 32 on a run (not very good compared to figures for given 2.3 FPT's in this forum but I believe this is down to gearing). I fitted a JT cat back exhaust in January and adjusted the base boost (to 0.4b) and now get 24-25 daily and 29 on a recent 350 mile round trip to Brum.
I would like to know if someone has any better settings for an LPT as the T18 (250+ HP) I borrow from SES gives 26 on local use even making some use of the power!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to keep resetting my edu because its showing as low as 8mpg when stationary I then reset while travelling steady and can recieve anything up to 45mpg on the motorway, but I find this way to unrealistic. Also it shows the mpg going down fast but always takes forever to rise again. In the week it never gets warm between home and work obviously meaning more fuel consumption but the resetting does my head in!!!!
Oh and its a manual gearbox automatics normally eat fuel...
Does anyone else have to drive like a complete pansy to get good economy??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi
I have a 2.0lpt,we do a majority of our miles on motorways, but I average according to the display 35-36 mpg, the display resets every 1000 liters, so every so often it when it resets you get a shock its either fantasticaly high or horribly low depending on when it resets. I took a while to get to grips with this but, its not a rolling 1000 liters, it 1000 liters then it completly resets and starts again.

So at the beginnning of the 1000 its all over the place but steadys out as you go on, and towards the end of the 1000 no mater what you do its almost impossible to alter.

I need to a good couple of thousand miles before it stabalizes at all once its reset.

I dont know if they all do this or its peculiar to mine its a 1996.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.