Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Wait for a warm day and then extend it fully. Clean the mast with chrome polish or a domestic scouring cloth to get it really clean. Then lubricate with WD-40 or GT-85 or similar and run the aerial in and out a few times. Clean off any dirt that appears from inside, and repeat the process.

However, knowing how cold it gets in Michigan, I'm not surprised it sticks now and then.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have a look at the moisture drain at the very bottom of the antenna-assembly inside the car. If it's blocked no amount of lubricant is going to stop trapped moisture from freezing solid and stopping everything from going round.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just a warning to beware of lubing the antenna. I cleaned and lightly oiled mine (admittedly with 3in1) and it was then worse than before. Subsequently read the manual which recommends cleaning but NEVER lubricating. Somehow lube seems to make the drive slip and the rod collect muck which is taken down. I now just wipe it clean with kitchen roll every so often and have not had any problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.