Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to renew these next week - but I can't recall whether you get the shaft with the bush, or you just get the rubber.
Do you push the rubber into the arm then push in the shaft?

With the superflex poly version, do you have to cut the original rubber off the shaft, and use your own shaft?

(I've done it before - but I can't remember any of it!!! must be my age)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've just done my front(rear) wishbone bushes. Got poly ines now. I first took out the butterfly bracket that thay are in and cut out all the rubber. Painful job our press at work broke. I did it the old way drilled alot of holes around the shaft then soaked the housing in a mixture of celly thinners and petrol (be careful quite a potent cocktail. Then cut out the shaft and cleaned up the housing. Pressed in the new poly bushes using the lubrication supplied. I used a large washer to cover the bush so not to damage it in the vice when i pressed in the new one, then pushed in the shaft. Then back into car. Hardest job was getting the old rubber out. It has made a big difference the the drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.