Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem:FWTS on my Carlsson under moderate to hard acceleration. Solution: apart from going slower perhaps you can tell me. Has anybody 'invested' in an adaption or modification that has significantly reduced this particular problem? If so I'd like to hear about it. (This question previously posted in the long running Carlsson thread which now appears to have succumbed to exhaustion!)

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Have the wishbone rear bush (butterfly ones) checked. Mine allowed the whole assembly to steer itself, made setting the tracking a problem! Anyway, after they were changed things are very good. Believe Abbott do uprated ones.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adrian - thank you for the information. As for the Abbott upgrade would this be Eibach Pro Kit springs perhaps? Have been quoted about £250 inclusive of vat and fitting.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Abbot do indeed supply a poly butterfly bush - this was advertised as a "speccial" offer in the SOC mag recently at £97.00 each ! I understand from Malbrad that an improved version of the standard bush is now available which has some additional harder rubber which also improves steering feel, but I`ve no direct experience of this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts