Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife recently hit a pheasant with my 1992 9000 CS 2.0S and damaged the Front Spoiler and Undertray. Nothing that can't be fixed, but it would be a whole lot easier with the spoiler and undertray off the car rather than on. The frustration is that I can't get those undertray fixing bolts to undo. They just go round and round.

My hope is that the "professionals" know a method of doing this, they can't just lie under the car and curse as I do. It just doesn't work, no matter how load you do it.

Can someone please tell me the secret?

Regards

Ricky

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yep, had exactly the same experience as Adrian. I would recommend drilling some suitable drain holes in the tray when you finally get it off, as you will almost certainly see a tide mark where water has collected. I too use stainless set screws, but still use Waxoyl to reduce rusting of the "captive" nut.

If you can spring the tray free along its rear edge (3 clips), you might be able to reach some of these wretched nuts with a pipe wrench, to avoid damaging the tray too much...

Good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks Adrian and Chrisn.

Somehow it doesn't seem so bad knowing that others have cursed, ripped and repaired before me.

Thanks for the tips and the quick replies. I shall delve into the RS catalogue for the fixings.

Regards

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts