Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to replace the front ARB bushes a couple of times (the inboard ones that wrap around the bar itself) but having issues getting the clamp retaining nuts off.
The main problem is getting decent access to the nuts to get them off. I end up with a small UJ in the ratchet as the whatever part of the bulkhead leans right across the top of the rearmost nut, and the UJ kills most of the effort I am putting in.
Any experience welcome - do I need to remove the whole wheel arch liner to get at them properly?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
They are a devil, but I found the a 10mm 1/4" drive 6 sided socket with a 1/4" T bar did the trick if a little slow.

If you thought that was hard, try refitting the 1" SAS front bar when the bend starting in the poly bush....

Inner liners di not need removing, just pull the bottom corner up a little for access.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Exactly as Andrew said. The way some SAAB techs do is to lift the whole engine up and do it from underneath on the engine bay side. Much easier I'm told, if you're blessed with hydraulic ramps etc

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice... I was in the right area then - just need to try harder. I've now just ordered the superflex bushes (instead of the standard ones I was going to fit). Hopefully this should even out a bit of the potential oversteer from the SAS rear ARB that's also going on...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I changed these lat year. The rearmost bolt is a ****** to get off. hOwever I was ucky as the guy over the road had a "socket spanner" which did the job. I can best describe this as a spanner with a socket on swivel at the end, instead of the open jaws or ring. I have not seen these around in Halfords etc. He got the spanner at a trade show.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.