Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Would it be a complete waste of time/money/and possible to convert from the ordinary heater to a/c.
This is probably one of those insane queeries, but cheers for any replies/slags anyway.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think thats what I meant to say, I got it wrong. Y'see I have an cc/ac unit (the box for the dash) but the wiring is totaly diffirent to mine, thats why I wondered what to do especialy with the wiring,But I like to fit the factory unit if pos. cheers.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Saab1:
[qb]Hi

Would it be a complete waste of time/money/and possible to convert from the ordinary heater to a/c.
This is probably one of those insane queeries, but cheers for any replies/slags anyway. [/qb][/b]
I wrote this earlier and Mutungi replied as in to fit the factory a/c unit.
The question is how??, my car is the ordinary heater and the wiring totaly diffirent at the back, how could this work,thanks.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I think what Mutungi meant was that you should sell your car and buy one with Automatic Climate Control already fitted.

Trying to fit A/C or ACC to a "heating only" car is a fool's errand. It will drive you insane and bankrupt you.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Saab1:
[qb]I wrote this earlier and Mutungi replied as in to fit the factory a/c unit.[/qb][/b]
I believe the only aftermarket A/C that Saab offered was the non-climate-control one. This goes with the heating system you have and adds an on-off button for aircon. Of course, apart from this button, there is the compressor, evaporator, condenser, etc. along with all the associated plumbing and drivebelt. It appears that it was feasible to fit this system after the fact, so the necessary wiring for the switch and the compressor should be there. The climate control system is a very different kettle of fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts