Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. twice in the last couple of weeks rear o/s brake has stuck on. both times it has been baltic outside.feels like handbrake is not releasing.anybody came across this?. 1995 aero .

·
Registered
545 Posts
There is a recent thread on this on the 9-5 forum.
I used to get this on a 1988 900i which has similar rear brakes to the 9000. At the wheel end of the handbrake cable the rubber bellows was damaged and let in water to the cable which would freeze. Solution was to replace the bellows and grease the end of the cable. Until I did this, on a few occasions I used a hair drier to warm and unfreeze the end of the cable.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
.. with car parked on the flat - or at least use wheel blocks (e.g. bricks) if on a minor brae in bonnie scotland!

I once lived on a moderate hill in S-Wales, and saw a parked car suddenly roll forward into the one in front.

Looking through the window I saw handbrake was off and could hear the brakes on the front holding car creaking!!
Ooh err!

Knocking up the owner of first car, he said, 'But I left it in gear'!

Obviously, gravity was sufficient to turn the engine over - which radically negated the braking effect!

At least living in the flat midlands has one advantage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.