Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Fixed my SID - Sense of satisfaction!

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  pix-al 
#1 ·
After reading that the SID displays are notorious for failing, I was not surprised that the one in the Saab I went to view was knackered.

After buying the car and owning it for just 3 days, the "Accepting it is broken" attitude turned into a "I must be able to fix it myself" thing!

After seeing posts on here pointing people to ebay to pay a total of £40 quid for a repair, further searching on ebay found a seller offering instructions on how to fix it yourself for £4.99!

One minute on Google led me to another forum (Couldn't find anything on this one?) where the how to was posted:
Linky

20 mins max, and all working!

Anyone else effected the DIY repair? Does it last? I have added a piece of "Funky Foam" from the kids craft box to apply a bit of pressure to the ribbon connections to hopefully help prolong the repair.

Everything now appears to work on the car!

Little pic of my new "WAGON":

See less See more
#5 ·
I attempted the repair based on the info on the site you linked to.

When put back together it was worse than before! (Given I'm an electronics engineer, I thought if anyone can get this to work I could - lol)

I've now paid the £40 to get it repaired.

Nice looking Wagon you have there :)

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.