Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about upgrading my Saab 9000 heated velour seats to heated black leather. I have a contact who has some but I am unsure as to whether they will fit because I dont know what model of 9000 they came from. Are all 9000 seats interchangable or do they differ in fit etc?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, they're all interchangeable on CS models. I used to have the seats from an early CC Carlsson in my CS, so I think they're compatible as well.

The power plugs for electric seats are fitted as part of the standard loom.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Scallywag
I have just changed the seats in my Carlsson from velour to leather.
Don't forget to check that the seat belts are the same. That was my first problem. Had to take both the front ones out again.
If you do have to swap the seat belt clip over too - don't forget to wire them in properly.
I cut the wires, bared them and twisted them together and now I'm getting a flashing red light above my rear-view mirror! Use some proper wire connectors. I'll have to do mine over again.
It is very nice having leather though.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Normal non-powered seats are interchangable (not rear seats CD to CS/CC) however, non-powered/powered seats have a different seat belt anchor point on the seats so you also need the seat belts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.