Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking around for Aero's at the moment and ideally want cruise control.

Found this..

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1276841.htm

Which I plan to view at the weekend but It doesn't have cruise.

How easy is it to fit and how expensive will the bits be? Anyone local who could give a hand?

Also is it possible to fit an after market head unit, still look neat and also use the steering wheel controls?

Thanks, Max

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
No, on the T7 cars it really is just plug & play because the throttle is already drive by wire.

Earlier (i.e. T5) models do require a separate controller but even that doesn't need marrying to the car.

·
Registered
678 Posts
No, on the T7 cars it really is just plug & play because the throttle is already drive by wire.

Earlier (i.e. T5) models do require a separate controller but even that doesn't need marrying to the car.[/b]

Twin Cam,

Only if the engine is T5, the T5 requires a separate control module the T7 does not

"Passed in the air" :D[/b]
Thanks Gentlemen. Mine's a T5 hence the thought that it required an additional control unit, but I wasn't aware it didn't need programming. Think it's time to consider a pre-christmas upgrade!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been to see the car today,

I like it but not sure how much he will take.

This was similar and a lot less..

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1231460.htm

Also, Before viewing the car I went to a scrapyard who had a newer aero coupe with the better setas. Would these be a straight swap and everything work etc?

Lastly, Where do I get a stereo fascia like this.. and will the steering wheel controls work? (i like my MP3 headunit too much!)

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Seats should be a straight swap but if they are heated and the car doesn't currently have heated seats you will need to install wiring to make them work.

Changing the stero to a single DIN unit with binnacle above can be done with an adpator kit such as this one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The seats are already heated, I need to check the frames are not bent, pre tensioners and hope the motors work!

Anyone know a rough value?

The DIN kit on the pistonheads ad looks better than the ELK parts one, Sort of looks like there is a surround around the headunit. Will the steering wheel controls still work?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
The seats are already heated,[/b]
I meant are the seats on the car you looking to buy heated :)

Will the steering wheel controls still work?[/b]
The difficulty of getting steering wheel controls to work is illustrated rather well by the remote conrol affixed to the wheel in the pic you posted.

I know Blaupunkt make a good interface for their radios, but it's not cheap, around £50.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts