Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have taken delivery today of a nice shiny pipe with some fancy letters on the front all topped off with some suggestive scarlet vacuum hose!

Now even to a DIY drongo such as myself this looks a simple fit

The intake pipe (incase you just thought I indulged in the exotic ) instructions say it can be fitted in an hour. So is it really a no brainer fit, any tips, hazards to look out for?

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
fit it from the bottom to the top
ie secure the i/c end before doing the top bit..
also I would invest in one of these hose clip drivers with a bendy shaft ..really helps getting to the nuts of the jubilleee clips

apart from that pretty straightforward..

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah
wasn't quick enough on that score!
didn't see the ad till they were all gone, now I'm just too impatient to wait to see if there might be more!
I'll console myself with my 6 month guarantee .................. and my sticker!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
The elbow is quite hard to fit over the top end of the pipe. I would take a smear of vaseline, and fit it a day or so prior to fitting the pipe in situ to allow it to expand slightly and make the engine compartment fitting easier.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I did it!
Abbotts estimated fitting time....1 hour
Real world seized intercooler jubilee clip time....3 hours!
But wow was it worth it!
I thought hard before buying this as its not cheap and the comments on this board have edged towards it not making a huge amount of difference. But it looks good, I'd just won a works incentive and so it was a luxury I otherwise would not have gone for, so I did.........and am I glad I did

once over 3500rpm the difference is obvious, it really feels like I've had another ecu upgrade, 40mph-70mph was quick before, now 70-120 and beyond just keeps pulling! Bring on the high flow intercooler I say!

So despite my Northern upbringing that leads me to avoid Abbotts on price alone, I can heartily recommend this one, it does make a difference!

Of course you might know a man who can......
and get one cheaper!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
the bottom jubille clip is really not very accessible..the flexydriver really helps

btw it took me 3 hrs + but my pipe was a little shorter...

(latest editions are longer tho..thats the ylee evo 11 model )

there is no plans to make any more but that might change..it is not up to me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts