Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i am thinking about buying a sat nav for my 2009 saab 9-3. i have seen this 1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-93-2007-onwards-genuine-original-Grundig-radio-SAT-NAV-CD-MP3-Player-/151661671636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item234fbd74d4

i was wondering how easy this is to fit is it just plug and play or does it need fitting and programming.? if it does need fitting and programming does anyone know a rough price that it would cost.?

does anyone buy chance know if there is a cheaper system around that can be put into the car or does it have to be these systems.

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It needs to have been divorced from the original car, so check that.

The OEM satnav is pretty poor by today's standards though. You could put a better system in although it would cost a bit more to do, maybe another £100 or so. The 2009 cars can take pretty much any standard double din stereo with the right facia kit and adapter wiring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for that, i did think the standard sat nav system didn't seem to be that good, i am horrible at fitting things like this though and i always cause more damage so i need to get it fitted.
you say pretty much any double din system will fit but i would hate to make a mistake and buy one that wont fit. is there anyway to check prior to buying to make sure i get the correct sort? also how would i know what facis kit and wiring adapter to get,

thank you again for any help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts