Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just doing some post fitting planning, with regards to fitting intercooler to my 94 cse.

However I have come up against a small prob, on my car working away from engine, I have fan, then water radiator and then acc radiator right behind it, my manual shows that the i/c fits between these 2 radiators.
I cannot see how, without shifting 1 of them,
someone has bound to have had this mod done, so if they could explain their set-up that would be great, pictures even better.

TIA Haggag01

·
Registered
662 Posts
You need to take the water rad. out. As others have found it is simpler to drain the system, remove the rad. install the intercooler then re-fit the rad.
It also helps to remove the under tray so you can get at the bottom of the rad. & intercooler to connect them.

Regards,

M .

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can understand moving the water radiator to fit the intercooler, but if I fitted the i/c in the radiator place, the rad would need to get re-located closer to the engine ?.

The splash panel, okay how do you get this off when all the "jack-nuts" are rusted to the bolts ?

I can only see a hacksaw being of any use here,can you buy jack-nuts anywhere ? I have seen them in the R.S. Components catalogue, but you need to have an account.

As always all help accepted. Haggag01

·
Registered
662 Posts
The intercooler sits in the gap in front of the water rad. & does not displace it rearwards.
The bolts holding the under tray are a pain, but you can get replacements from Mr Saab.

Got broadband & an e-mail? & I will send you some pics.

M.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Originally posted by Haggag01:
[qb] I have seen them in the R.S. Components catalogue, but you need to have an account.
[/qb][/b]
You can order online at rswww.com and pay by credit card. No account necessary, although you don't receive the benefit of free delivery this way.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have just fitted an intercooler to my 93 cse, and in the past one to a 92 CDE. If you look at the brackets under the rad you will see that the left hand on (from front) doesnt have the extra hole.... you need a new bracket. The 2 bolts holding the `sandwich` together can be replaced as they now need to hold the AC to the IC. The top bracket already has the facility to take the extra unit.... all you need is the rubbers. Basically, the rad goes back in the same place. you can do the job just by pushing the rad out of the way(back). leave the undertray on but remove the grill, L/H headlight and indicator(easy) and get a second pair of hands. It is a tricky job and there is a chance you will knacker the AC pipe if you try and remove it, so best to leave alone...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gents, I have less then 20mm between my water radiator and the acc radiator, cannot see how I can possibly squeeze it in between them, without something moving ?

Haggag01

P.S I have PM'D you both

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
[qb]Gents, I have less then 20mm between my water radiator and the acc radiator, cannot see how I can possibly squeeze it in between them, without something moving ?

Haggag01

P.S I have PM'D you both [/qb][/b]
The Acc rad moves forward and the Intercooler fits between that and the Water rad which does not move location.

Andrew

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scaero, I got some good pictures from 2TURBO'S
Am I correct in saying that the ac radiator moves towards from front of the car and the intercooler drops into that space ?

TIA Haggag01

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
[qb]Scaero, I got some good pictures from 2TURBO'S    :thumbsup:   Am I correct in saying that the ac radiator moves towards from front of the car and the intercooler drops into that space ?

TIA Haggag01 [/qb][/b]
Yes.

Also havve a look at the thread that Ylee was asking about last week re refitting his rad's and spoilers.

Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts