Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got round to fitting the TD04 to my 2.3 this morning. Fairly straightforward. If anyone else intends doing this I strongly recommend ensuring that you get the pipes with the TD04 as they are different to the T25.The only one that is the same is the oil feed. I had to modify my oil return pipe with a grinder to get it to fit, and intend getting an aero return pipe fairly soon.

First impressions, having only driven round town, it seems to pick up much quicker than the T25. It's also nice to have a quiet turbo again.
I've got a decent run to do on Tuesday, so I'll let you know how it performs on the motorway.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I'm surprised it picks up quicker unless the old one T25 was quite sick...

TD04 should keep you going nicely abovr 4000rpm though

is it a 5cm2 or a 6cm2 one?

If its a 5cm2 then it would be quicker spinning up.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Scaero (Maptun stg3):
[qb]I'm surprised it picks up quicker unless the old one T25 was quite sick...

TD04 should keep you going nicely abovr 4000rpm though    :fawlty:      :thumbsup:  

is it a 5cm2 or a 6cm2 one?

If its a 5cm2 then it would be quicker spinning up.

Andrew [/qb][/b]
Well the old one was quite sick, cracked housing and the shaft slid backwards and forwards about half an inch, very little sideways motion though .

I believe it is the TD04-15HL, off a 9000 Aero, not sure what year though. Took it for a longer run tonight, and the boost level is creeping up, it was stopping short of the broken red yesterday, it's now at the start of the broken red.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts