Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted a Forge Atmospheric dumpvalve to my 96 9000 2.0 lpt with Speedparts ECU

My question is:

Is it possible to adjust the dumpvalve in anyway to change the sound from a woosh to more of a whistle on release??

I prefer the latter.

Just a quickie!

Ta

·
Registered
968 Posts
I believe that with the forge ones, you can change the springs inside from red to blue or vice versa... One spring is stronger than the other(dont know which, sorry). But on my mates WRX RA Scooby, he changed the one it was shipped with, which gave a more gradule dump of air, with the alternative one from forge which was a fast dump of the air, therefore seemed louder and harsher I suppose.

He just called forge (from the web page I think) and they sent one FOC...

HTH

·
Registered
968 Posts
Originally posted by Ant9000turbo:
[qb]I believe that with the forge ones, you can change the springs inside from red to blue or vice versa...  One spring is stronger than the other(dont know which, sorry). But on my mates WRX RA Scooby, he changed the one it was shipped with, which gave a more gradule dump of air, with the alternative one from forge which was a fast dump of the air, therefore seemed louder and harsher I suppose.

He just called forge (from the web page I think) and they sent one FOC...

HTH [/qb][/b]
Sorry I have just re-read your question. Thats not really a answer, but may chang ethe sound slightly to one you prefere, and its free...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm probably being thick here, but what is the difference between an atmospheric dump valve and a recirculating valve with the return pipe disconnected and blanked-off?

Can a 93 lpt year 2000 take an atmospheric dump? (ooh that sounds rude )

Bob.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by TractorBoy:
[qb] 

Can a 93 lpt year 2000 take an atmospheric dump? (ooh that sounds rude     )

Bob. [/qb][/b]
Some people try it, but it isnt a good idea because you have a mass air flow sensor.

And Im with you Adrian, I hate the sound and performance of the HKS vavle. It seems it is only good for looks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts