Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just done with installing the Abbott uprated ECU and Wastegate actuator on my 9000 and calibrating base boost...

Having just done a few adaptation runs..

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
 Just done with installing the Abbott uprated ECU  [/b]
What's the difference between an uprated ECU and a re-mapped ECU? Mine was re-mapped in order to work properly on my 2.3T. Turbo lag? What turbo lag?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea in your case, since your car is a bit 'special' .. But on a 9000 these mods add 40 extra horses. So on a standard 2.3T it takes it from 200hp to circa 240hp... not including of course the benefits that the 3'' downpipe, 3'' sports exhaust and performance air filter will bring to the party..
(when they arrive.. and are fitted )

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saab has never commercially made available a 9-3 with a 2.3 Turbo engine, except in the viggen, hence the reason I say yours is a bit 'special'.

There is a 2.3 Turbo conversion that Hirsch can do if a customer wishes to creat a Troll R out of his 2.0lpt donor car (which is what an aquantance over here did).

I have no idea what Abbott did to your car to re-map your ECU. Your car is Trionic powered anyways, mine is DI/APC-JETRONIC powered. The Abbott stuff remaps the DI/APC and allows for higher boost levels on my car, whilst still having safety control. Rev limit remains the same.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
StanleyB

Why not drop the 1st 11 or 12 chanracters of your VIN number here and we will tell you what your car started as. (don't give the lasrt 6 or so as that will enable you vin to remain anaoymous to potention nasty people)

Andrew

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have tried the VIN number bit already. It does not match up.
I amm surprised however that nobody has gambled on asking Dan or Giles at Abbott Racing if they know me and know about a 2.3T in my car. Would seem to have been the obvious line of enquiry. Where is the Sherlock Holmes spirit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts