Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start the performance ball rolling.

At the recent 9000 meet in Tamworth there was talk of arranging a rolling road day, to see if a group of 9000 owners could get a discount if we took part as a group.

This seems like a good idea, so if any of those present know of such a place we should look into it

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
There's Aldon Automotive in Brierley Hill, Dudley who are reasonably central and have been tuning all sorts of cars since the sixties. Never used their rolling road services though and judging from the noise when I pop in for bits, they are usually pretty busy.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This idea seems to be taking off quite quickly, so perhaps something may happen.

If people keen expressing interest, and we look at available sites in the country and where people are located it may be possible to arrange something at a convenient weekend in a couple of months time.

To answer Robs question, I see no reason to confine it to any particular type of Saab.

I dont know much about rolling roads, and whether we can just look at output or whether anything can be done to the cars on the day.

Can anyone enlighten me?

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Even though this idea has kicked off in the 9000 Performance forum, to make such a trip successful I do not see a problem with opening it up to other models. Another great day out

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
By far the quickest and cheapest is just stick car on rollers and have a look at what it can kick out.

To then start tuning and optimizing performance can take a significant amount of time and money and isn't really feasible if there are a load of Saab owners in the queue, all waiting to nip off for a pub lunch.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Definately do it for all models. Rob123 will be dying to see if his new 9-5 Aero is over 250BHP!

I'd be happy with an initial Rolling Road test to just see how much the car's kick out.

The Dudley one sounds okay - there must be others in the West Midlands??

(Edited to remove "Wagon" as it will be a Saloon!)

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I'm there, even if it does show up the fact that my motors not entirely "match fit". The cars going for a 6K service on Thursday so I might try out a new APC solenoid providing I don't get badly stung on other bits and pieces

BTW, I think I'll set up camp in this forum

·
Registered
776 Posts
Interested in the Roling road thing, feel my 2.3T needs a good tune, and to check if Abbotts did job with Trionic properly etc..
No one has mentioned either what costs normally are, or what they would all like to pay( realistically speaking) if got a few cars together. Once costs are chucked about, prehaps then a few more could make a a more real commitment to thinking about it at least ( me for one !!).
Andy.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Rob - I'll be very surprised if you're dissapointed at 250BHP. My measley 220BHP 9000 is enough for me, though I expect the handling on the Aero will be a tad less "twitchy" than my Carlsson!

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
234 Posts
JD If you want to pop along and have a look see on the 27th great Only prob. is that the rollers are full with scoobs all day and there are six cars on the reserve list

The way we organise it at PE is to book a complete day to get the costs down (it's just a power run not a tune as such) Not to difficult to fill a day with scoobs but if we can get an idea of numbers for an Uxbridge meet then I will be happy to try and get it orginsed

I won t be runnung my old 9000 cos it would prob. expire. But if you wamt a chance to see what your pride & joy is putting out and meet up with some other BBS'ers then its a nice day out.

Here's the link again so you can see what they do. www.powerengineering.co.uk

Let me know what you think.

Ian

p.s. I have no involvement in PE I just like what they do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts