Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, these are some pics I took of my "special edition" 9-3SE.
Quick apologies:
1. I am no David Bailey, so excuse any photographic composition errors.
2. I could not get my digital recorder to recognise WIN2000. So I could not upload the exhaust sound files. I'll try again after I have managed to figure out the sound transfer settings.
3. No pics of the complete car I am afraid. It needs a wash, but it has been cold outside today to even think of playing with water. After the stick that /John received, I amm playing it safe...

pic-1
door cupholder (passenger side) closed

pic-2
drink in cup holder

pic-3
cup holder in the dash. I found that opened cups and cans are NOT a good idea to put there.

pic-4
front seat in full picture

pic-5
The TURBO emblem on my seats. Front pictured, but also on rear seats.

pic-6
Picture of my new alloys. Notice slotted disk brakes and Viggen callipers (I have been told)

pic-7
Viggen exhaust and reversing sensors in bumper

pic-8
Viggen exhaust pictured from underneath the car. I have no knowledge if this is a genuine complete Viggen exhaust or not. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
And this is the car with the 2.3 Turbo??

In that viggeny blue colour??

With Viggeny seats??

And Viggen exhasut??

And......

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that they are Viggen seats. The Viggen seats have the Viggen emblem embossed in them.
And yes, it is the one with the 2.3 turbo engine. But with the 2.0 and 2.3 heads the same ( I have been told) you would have to drive the car in order to make your mind up
By the way, it ain't Viggen blue either .

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
3. No pics of the complete car I am afraid. It needs a wash, but it has been cold outside today to even think of playing with water. After the stick that /John received, I amm playing it safe...[/b]
Cmon, StanleyB, I want to see some photos of the whole car

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Yes, it hasn't the viggen embossing, or probably the viggen kick/scuff plates.

Brakes are viggen yes.
Seats are viggenstyle, as used in the Aero's now.

Wheels are a 9-5 accessory

Rear spoiler look like a viggen one, but it's colour coded at the bottom.

Someone's splashed out on wood.

You don't have the leather door inserts.

looks a bit special though...

Was it the viggen prototype?
have you chased the previous owner dowen to find out how/why?

Andrew

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by StanleyB:
[qb]I don't think that they are Viggen seats. The Viggen seats have the Viggen emblem embossed in them.
And yes, it is the one with the 2.3 turbo engine. But with the 2.0 and 2.3 heads the same ( I have been told) you would have to drive the car in order to make your mind up  
By the way, it ain't Viggen blue either     . [/qb][/b]
Looking sweet

The seats are exactly the same as the Viggen seats, just with a different logo in the seat back. The revised Aero's used the same design too, but had 'Aero' (I think!) instead.

The colour does look like Lightning Blue, but that could be because of the flash. Easy way to check - is the paint code on the passenger door 270? If not I think that only leaves Cosmic Blue?

Sure looks like the genuine exhaust too.

I could have done with those cup holders a couple of weeks ago on my 400+ mile round trip to Abbott. You ever tried opening a fresh bottle of lucozade on a busy M25 and trying to find somewhere to put it after you've had a drink

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero owner:
[qb]Rear spoiler look like a viggen one, but it's colour coded at the bottom.[/qb][/b]
Do you mean the rear bumper? That looks like the first 9-3 Aero kit. The Viggen/later Aero's don't have the black insert and are a different design.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can see what you mean, there does seem to be a dark band across the bumper in that shot, however it's a optical illusion because the pic is so dark and moody.

I found a piccy of a yellow Viggen that show up the bumper a little better...

. Odd, I've never seen one like that except on cars that have been aftermarket colour coded.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Very nice pictures Stanley.

The seats are very cool . In the Netherlands there was an 'Aniversary' edition because Saab had made turbo models for 25 years. These cars had the Turbo logo in the leather seats.

The brakes look good too. Slotted discs give a sporty touch to the 9-3.

Looks like a real Viggen exhaust. Always thought the end tip was shiny

Do you have some pics of the engine bay?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
originally posted by Scaero owner:

Was it the viggen prototype? have you chased the previous owner dowen to find out how/why?  [/b]
The previous owner was SAAB UK. Car was supposed to have been used for marketing shots in their catalogue. But I suspecct that it could also have been a proto type Viggen, or one built specially to test the Viggen package on the road, whilst disguised as a 9-3SE. I bought the car via a colleague, who has contacts in SAAB.

originally posted by Maarten:

Looks like a real Viggen exhaust. Always thought the end tip was shiny  [/b]
You just confirmed the reason why no pictures of the whole car. A wash and polish required

As far as performance is concerned, I have yet to check out the 4000 plus rev range (scary
). OK, so I am chicken

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
originally posted by James:

What's the engine number, Stanley?[/b]
Excuse my lack of knowledge of such matters, but where can I find that information James? I have checked the VIN number already, and that is of no use, since it refers to a 2.0L. If there is however aany sort of number on teh eengine block itself, that would be of great help to one and all .

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If it's a Viggen-spec engine, the engine code (on c900's it's near the top of the block on the intake side and barely legible even without all the stuff surrounding it in the engine bay -don't know about the transverse layout models) should read:

B235R XXXXX

·
Registered
144 Posts
An interesting car. I cant wait to fnd out more about it.

I have always been interested in 'different' cars. So keep us posted.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts