Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Finally introducing myself

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kez 
#1 ·
Finally got round to introducing myself, I bought my first SAAB 9-5 2.2tid Estate 2005 model earlier this year and joined this forum in March. I am really pleased with the car and the comfort level, had a few little problems which we've sorted out but I now have a recurring intermittent problem (ABS, Traction control & Brake warning lights on dash staying on), the original cause of this was one of the front ABS sensor rings which we replaced 4 months ago and cured the fault but, its just started again.

I have had a look around the Forum and its great to see so many discussions and so much help, advice and knowledge being shared.

I am base in Cheshire and have a background in the Automotive industry too and that helps when I need any parts.

#2 ·
This may be just specific to my car/ problem, but I had my ABS/TC/SC light on since I got my car (About 2 weeks ago) however it appears to have cured itself after having to do a semi-emergency stop yesterday (Enough for the ABS to kick in) It may have been a sheer fluke with mine but possibly worth a try?

#3 ·
Thanks Crashbanggg, we've just put new discs & pads on the front yesterday and they still need bedding in so I'm reluctant to slam on the brakes yet, I will try this when the pads are bedded in. Activating the ABS does sometimes cure these problems and the safest place to do it is on a gravel track at low speeds. My system seems to reset itself too when you swich off and park up.

I need to get it back to the Garage to plug into diagnostic machine and check the wheel speed sensors, my guess is either ABS ring as before or a break in one of the wires, will keep you posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.