Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here you go

This vidio is from the track when i ran my best my friend put this toghther, all the runs were of my good friends that i hang out with all the time and we have pretty much our own messege board
i hope you guys enjoy
http://136.160.33.249/phpBB2/videos/track/racersden.mpeg
3 of my runs 1st one if i correct was a 15.1 i messed up pretty bad, missed 2nd and 3rd
2nd one i think is 16.2 i spun really really bad and the third one should be my best 14.60
http://136.160.33.249/phpBB2/videos/track/andre1.mpeg

http://136.160.33.249/phpBB2/videos/track/andre2.mpeg

http://136.160.33.249/phpBB2/videos/track/andre3.mpeg

here you go guys enjoy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes thats my Daily driver the red camaro is my other car, I havent done much to the saab, i work at exhaust shop myself so i bend my own 3" cat back with 3" dynomax bullit rasonator, and 3" Magnaflow muffler, Off road 3" Pipe, downpipe is stock though, MBC...and
, i'm impressed with results even though never ran it before the mods i did them the first week i got the car

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can't get vid's to run. Don'no why.. Sounds like that's a let down for me. Haven't seen too many Saabs at the track wish I could check this out. =(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by BurnsSide42:
[qb]was that 9000 100% stock?  ran 15.2 - 14.6 huh, not bad, but i will get mine better.  That was a 9000T right? 2.0 [/qb][/b]
Are you just clicking on the vidios and not actually looking at what i wrote..?? sorry just cirious i alrady answered that qeustion 2 posts up from yours...no my 9000 is not 100% stock...where have you seen a stock 9000t 2.0 run 14.6? very intresting, i'm not trying to be nasty with you but these cars are high 15 sec cars from factory, actually this one has delete cat, 3" exsaust from off road pipe back and MBC running 15psi...i did run through 98mph...which pretty much translates into a low 14 high 13 sec car from a rolling start...
i'm sure you can get yours to run better then that i will be more the happy to see your results, like i said earlier this is my Daily driver and i'm just having fun with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1 QUICK 2.0T-

you work at an exhaust shop in maryland and can bend 3" downpipes?? i am assuming that you can also do welding (such as adding sportcats and o2 sensors)? any ideas on the going rate on a 96 NG900 setup for a fellow DC saaber?...:)

eric

·
Registered
496 Posts
well i fully intend to get it into the 13's but not with it's current engine (268K) i am not putting more than a Red Box in it (185hp) don't wanna blow my engine early now do i, i wanna see it hit 300K But the next engine i will mod it to over 200hp. I can get 199-206hp just from the APC, but the rest will be exhaust i guess. i think i am running about 12PSI about now...i think. I would love to make the t3t4 hybrid and bump that boost up to 35PSI

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
[qb] I would love to make the t3t4 hybrid and bump that boost up to 35PSI    [/qb][/b]
If you do that without other appropriate mods- fuelling, ignition mapping, intake, exhaust etc. then you'll soon be buying a new engine... and not to mention a gearbox soon afterwards if you drag it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ericl:
[qb]1 QUICK 2.0T-

you work at an exhaust shop in maryland and can bend 3" downpipes?? i am assuming that you can also do welding (such as adding sportcats and o2 sensors)? any ideas on the going rate on a 96 NG900 setup for a fellow DC saaber?...:)

eric [/qb][/b]
cat wouldnt be a a problem to weld in something like 50 bucks.....hmmm...i defanatly wont attend to do downpipe...i never did mine...its stock 2.5" and from there on its all 3"....i'm going down to CARSLILE this sunday to see if i can find one cheap if not...screw it, btw its like an eropian car thing up there my friend was up there last year and said they had saab aftermarket vendors,show, and swap meet so will see

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb] QUOTE
[qb]  I would love to make the t3t4 hybrid and bump that boost up to 35PSI       [/qb][/b]
If you do that without other appropriate mods- fuelling, ignition mapping, intake, exhaust etc. then you'll soon be buying a new engine... and not to mention a gearbox soon afterwards if you drag it. [/qb][/b][/quote]I'd say lowering the compression ratio was mandatory for that sort of boost too. Then it'd run pretty poorly off-boost...

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I'd say lowering the compression ratio was mandatory for that sort of boost too. Then it'd run pretty poorly off-boost...  [/b]
What CR did the old 1.5l v6 F1 cars run in the 80's? didn't they run 4bar (60psi) boost in qualifying to get 1000-1100bhp?

Only lasted 50 miles though.

Andrew

·
Registered
623 Posts
Scareo,
for what it's worth, I knew that the B*W engine, the one for Piquet's Williams, was about 1500hp in qualifying. To avoid detonation, they tried to raise the number of spark plugs, they arrived to 4 per cylinder but it didn't helped so they ended to use just one.
Today CR in F1 isn't that high, they actually have too wide combustion chambers, too short strokes and too much large valves to allow a small combustion chamber volume. They told me that they don't go over 12:1, more or less. But, of course, there's no turbo, so it's another story...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts