Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (Maptun stg3):
[qb]FCP296H for the rear (straight fit)[/qb][/b]
I actually found these need to have a little pad material (about 1mm) ground off the face for a comfortable fit. A belt sander did the trick.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Robert I recently bought a rear set of pads from raceshopper.com and brought them back to London. At the current exchange rate for the $ you are better off buying from domestic sources as the importers are unable to raise their prices in line with the changes in the exchange rate-they are taking a hit at the moment.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Aerohead - what a coincidence, I got the price ($88 for the fronts) from Edwin at raceshopper.com. Out of curiousity, but a bit off-topic, just what is the present exchange rate? Also, it seems we have something in common - or should I say not-so-common - a white Aero

·
Registered
548 Posts
Today the GBP hit a new high at 1.8850/$.

The only one I could find in UK when I looked in 1995 was a 1993 white Aero with 18,000 miles from a dealer; manual trans w/ ACC were tough to find. Apparently there are very few R/H white Aeros out there, but I have seen L/H white Aeros on the forums and in Minnesota. Looks great when clean with the black leather, but only practical in UK with a garage as the rain and air pollution here will mar white finish very fast.

I went dealer only until just over a year ago. Since then I have put Brembos w/ DS 2500 pads and S/S lines, great combo but some squeel from the rears. Also K&N, poly bushes on rear arb and top m/m (eeuro poly lasted 300 miles, changed to great Powerflex yellow ones), and had a custom 3" s/s downpipe and cat put on. April will see a Stage 3 ECU, then first of two trips to Deutscheland in May when I will get a chance to evaluate the effect of my improvements.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andrew, do you mean there were 14 Aeros that were amethyst violet? Here in the 'states, only Anniversary models had that colour available, IIRC.

Aerohead: Wow, !.885 is relatively high, but I can remember it being higher in the early '70's - closer to $3/£1. I doubt interest rates will be going lower any time soon.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by robert lavergne:
[qb]Andrew, do you mean there were 14 Aeros that were amethyst violet?  Here in the 'states, only Anniversary models had that colour available, IIRC.

Aerohead: Wow, !.885 is relatively high, but I can remember it being higher in the early '70's - closer to $3/£1.  I doubt interest rates will be going lower any time soon. [/qb][/b]
Yes, 14 Aero's. Thgere were other models in that colour too (anniversaries mainly)

Andrew

·
Registered
548 Posts

2 White with grey leather
10 White with black leather

This is for all RHD Aero's Worldwide, not just UK ones.

White is the rarest colur with Amethyst violet next with 14 cars in RHD.

Andrew

The first time I went to a Kodak Club Saab semi-annual gathering here in London last year there were several people most interested in seeing a white Aero. Lots of cars look bad in white but I have had many people admire my car (fondly named 'Lizzy' by my daughter)from Wales to Italy, in fact more vocal than the fans of prevoiusly driven more exotic metal from BMW and Porsche.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello folks,

I must be the old [expletive deleted] of the group 'cos I can remember $4 to £1, hence a 'half crown' was known as half-a-dollar when I was a young lad (50s-60s)
- and it was a lot of cash then. (sounds like the good old days.....JUST IGNORE ME I'M RAMBLING AGAIN!).

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I must not be too far behind you, back2saab. I don't remember $4/£, but I do fondly remember living in Ladbroke Grove, before it became gentrified. One could have a gold-top bottle of milk delivered at the door or get parafin from a horse-drawn cart. There were also two great pubs, one off Portobello Rd, the other right in the center of Ladbroke Grove, that were just beautiful - both socially and visually. It's sad that Ladbroke Grove has lost a lot the character it had, but the good thing is that all the great friendships that formed back then are still intact - we all visit each other frequently, though now it's Brighton (lovely), Sydenham, and Boston!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.