Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
weather permitting this weekend,i want to give the cooling system a complete flush.whats the best way to go about this?would using a hose inserted into an orifice be a good idea?.(the car that is
)i presume the thermostat would need to be removed and is a bottle of system flush stuff worthwhile?. i was also going to refill with coolant mixed with rain water,would this be ok?
cheers chaps,
simon

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I've found that the proprietary flushes are very good for clearing old gunk out of the system. There are several about; some are one part, others are two. You pays your money- just follow the instructions.

The 9000 system is relatively easy to drain- you don't have to remove the block plugs; most of it will drain out from the radiator plug.

I've removed the stat when I've done flushes- it means that you can fill up, and start the engine and thus have the pump running to help rinse things through.

Alternatively, you will find that the standard Hozelock quick fit connectors just fit snugly inside the top rad hose - with stat removed obviously, the water thens flows around the system and out of the top of the rad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.