Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do people think of the factory fit alarm system, as in use on my 97 Aero.

Is there much to be gained by going to an aftermarket Thatcham Cat 1 alarm?

The system works fine, has never false-alarmed, I don't like the honking horn on locking/unlocking, but thats not really important.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I was told by my dealer that you could'nt deactivate the horn bleeps on my MY96 Aero, others on this board have said that they have had this done on a 9000 by a dealer via Tech 2. This may be the case on late 97 Aero's and MY98 9000's as was hinted at by my dealer. Although this appears to have been done on BillJ's 96 as he's not get a honking.....

I would suggest a ring round of Saab dealers and independants with Tech 2 and see what responses you get.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
No honking on my 1996 Aero - I believe the previous owner had it switched off. As far as I am aware the VSS alarm is pretty good but I have noticed that it's actually quite difficult to set it off (probably a good thing to be honest).

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by MatthewClement:
[qb]Can anyone tell me whether the alarm on my MY95 Aero is Cat 1? [/qb][/b]
I looked it up on the Thatcham web site some time ago and I seem to remember that only '96-on was listed as approved. Some late '95 Aeros will be '96 models and may also have VSS and Cat 1 approval.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.