Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok maybe its not the Exxon Valdez type, but my 9000 appears to be dripping oil from the engine area. Not lots, but enough to worry me.

Question is two fold:

1. Do I need to sort this immediately, I have a service booked at the end of the month?
2. Should I prepare myself for a huge credit card bill?

Many thanks and all responses are welcomed.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
In my experience, a small quantity of oil looks like an awful lot when you put it on the floor!

If I were you I'd check the level daily, watch for any sudden increase in quantity leaking, keep a close ear out for any funny noises, and keep it topped up if the level drops below half way.

Assuming it's nothing too bad there's no reason it won't keep until the end of the month.

However, if you could give some idea where it's coming from and in what sort of quantity then it would be easier to give more specific advice Like are we talking a teaspoon? A tablespoon? A cup? A pint?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'd also check the bottom of the oil-filler/dipstick tube. The O ring there leaks horribly when it's hardened. Replacing it can be a bit of a swine, especially if you don't know that above the hole where the tube is inserted there's at least a litre or more of oil!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.