Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '97 Aero here in Prague, but the Owners Manual is in German, which on a car that has a million buttons can cause a problem!
Does anybody know what the button that says "EXTRA" does? It is located exactly where the TCS button would normally be and is not mentioned in the manual. I have to say though, I REALLY like this car

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene, Bob. I have no idea what this button does, as I don't have one, but I am sure that someone else will.

Yes, the 9k Aero is a great car. I have owned my manual for 6 months now and can think of few previous vehicles that I have grown to love so much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome JezF!
I was just afraid that if I push the button something bad might happen. I hope sombody else out there has an Auto-trans who knows what this is, it's not listed in the ( German ) documentation!

·
Registered
287 Posts
The 'Extra' button literally is that, a spare extra button. It's there in case you want to fit any 'Extra's to the car and it requires a push button switch. It only seems to have been fitted to some cars. My Carlsson has one.

Simon.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Originally posted by Simon:
[qb]The 'Extra' button literally is that, a spare extra button. It only seems to have been fitted to some cars. My Carlsson has one.

Simon. [/qb][/b]
Simon that's interesting. Wherabouts is it, coz my Carlsson doesn't have one. I have the four switches in the centre dash (heated rear window/hazard lights/driving lamps/rear wash-wipe and then the rear fogs switch below the headlamp switch. Theres also the headlamp height adjuster switch just below the headlamp main control.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene Bob

I've never seen that before either - my Carlsson didn't have one, but then again it had all the extras and no buttons were free anyway! On my other 9000's I'm sure the buttons were just blank if not used - must have been different on certain models, or cars for certain markets...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by bambo:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by Simon:
[qb] The 'Extra' button literally is that, a spare extra button. It only seems to have been fitted to some cars. My Carlsson has one.

Simon. [/qb][/b]
Simon that's interesting. Wherabouts is it, coz my Carlsson doesn't have one. I have the four switches in the centre dash (heated rear window/hazard lights/driving lamps/rear wash-wipe and then the rear fogs switch below the headlamp switch. Theres also the headlamp height adjuster switch just below the headlamp main control. [/qb][/b][/quote]I don't have a rear wash/wipe so that's the slot that has the 'Extra' button in it. John W has an 'Extra' button in his 900LE as well.

Simon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a 900 Turbo with a button marked 'Extra', the button did not actually work, you could not wire anything to it, all it did was fill a hole where you could fit a proper working button for some extra you fitted such as fog lights or whatever. TJB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.