Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
i work at the vauxhall plant in luton and do lots of rectification work but to be honest i think that this is a load of rubbish,
if this made all the electrics better then why don't we fit more earthing cables on production of the vehicle, that would make sense if this forum was correct

·
Registered
113 Posts
Electronic engineer hat on...

There is only one reason for adding earthing wires, and that is if the earthing points you have don't work. And as for their claimed improvements...

"1.The lihgts will more brightness." Well yes, if your earths are bad, any light out of the headlights will be more brightness However see point 3

"2.More advance accelerate." I'm not 100% certain what this means....

"3.Light will not easy to burn out." If you have a volt drop across the ground wire from your lights then they are going to be running slightly dimmer. There will be less current running through them because of this volt dropthey will be running cooler and have a longer life. If you eliminate this volt drop then the lights will have more current running through them (due to the entire 12V being placed across the bulb) and burn out quicker. So I think (in my professional opinion) that they are talking out their botties. Assuming you even have a problem with the earths in the first place....

"4.More advance brake efficacy.(That's true)" I cannot think of any reason why hydraulic brakes could be affected earthing. Anyone?

"5.Lower water tempture." If the temperature gauge voltage regualator has a poor earth and you may see a change n the running position of the temp gauge, but the water temp will be controlled by the same thermostat it always is.

You won't make your car any worse by adding earth wires all over the place, but I cannot see how you could make it better either, assuming you don't have a problem in the first place....

And Mark's point is entirely correct. If it made a difference then the factory would do it.

Anyhow, enough ranting, I'm going back to lurk...

Cheers
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.