Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by david leedham:
any good recommendations ?

Yeah.....put a tow bar on it so you can tow a box trailer full of spare gearboxes around with you....

If anybody has fitted Nos, I'm sure it'll be in the USA or more likely in Sweden.....

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene, David.
Which model are you talking about? If a turbo, then there are plenty of easier and safer mods to try first that can yield big gains in performance. If normally-aspirated, then your options are rather more limited and NOS is likely to give biggest bang for the buck (no pun intended).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by aeropilot:
[qb]Originally posted by david leedham:
any good recommendations ?

If anybody has fitted Nos, I'm sure it'll be in the USA or more likely in Sweden.....    [/qb][/b]
I haven't heard of anybody in Sweden who has fitted NOS - and I don't know why we would be more likely to do that either since all the best Trionic-gurus are here

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I agree with your comment as to question the need for fitting NOS (especially as you say with the top Trionic guru's being in Sweden)....

What I was inferring at was that outside of the USA Drag Racing and Hot Rodding etc., is very popular in Sweden, and therefore as NOS is a popular mod in this, therefore that's why there was possibly a greater chance somebody from Sweden had tried fitting NOS to a 9000.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by aeropilot:
[qb]What I was inferring at was that outside of the USA Drag Racing and Hot Rodding etc., is very popular in Sweden, and therefore as NOS is a popular mod in this, therefore that's why there was possibly a greater chance somebody from Sweden had tried fitting NOS to a 9000.....  
             [/qb][/b]
No... the way to go here (as you probably already know) is just BIG turbo, lots of petrol and HIIIGH boost

To be honest I don't know why people like to drag race here as much as they do. I'm way to afraid of my gear box to do that, and most of them spend a lot of time in the garage changing gearboxes since they can't cope with 500+ bhp/600Nm for very long...

But since tuning cars is getting really big here, drag racing is a good way to prove that you have a lot of hp's under the bonnet And I can assure you all that it sounds pretty cool when Fredrik from Maptun is accelerating down the strip with his 550+bhp/600Nm monster

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly it's a straight 2.0i16v :-( the K/N filter made a big difference as did tanking up with super unleaded - a surprising difference. But it's still sluggish from 3-4k rpm, then winds up and goes. Maybe time to swop it for a 2.3FPT ?

cheers all

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Maybe time to swop it for a 2.3FPT ?[/b]
yes....

In saying that there are ways to tune a n/a to staggering horspower there is a us guy somewhere that has done this but the road is rocky and expensive I am sure some-one will come along with the link....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers for the link.

Don't think I wanna fork out that much cash for getting work done on it. if my insurance doesn't triple i'll look for a 2.x LPT or FPT me thinks.

cheers

david

·
Registered
312 Posts
There is a company here in the States that offers a 50hp fogger kit but I am pretty sure it's for the turbos. I would suggest you visit some NOS sites online and see what you can come up with. On an NA car the recommended method is to go to direct injection with a nitrous timer installed. Lots of money but lots of HP!
For the same outlay of cash you could probably upgrade to a turbo model which has much more going for it right from the factory and is easily modified for a LOT of power. Just a thought!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts