Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although the circuit are providing 3 trained ARDS instructors, we've got more folk in the Novice category.

If any more experienced track drivers would be willing to babysit the novices for their first time out, please sign up below.

You don't have to know the cirucit, it's more to familiarise folk with racing lines, braking/gear change techniques etc.

1. Mark E

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Ross ARMc900:
[qb]Is instruction/ babysitting compulsary? [/qb][/b]
Nope, but neither is hitting the armco on your 3rd lap. Fortunately there's not much Armco at Anglesey, only a tyrewall, just lots of runoff's.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
1. Mark E
2. Mark A (Done this for newbies on the 'ring... scary )
3. Andrew, not overly experienced but willing to offer guidance.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by Ross ARMc900:
[qb]Is instruction/ babysitting compulsary? [/qb][/b]
No, but there is no dishonour in having an instructor with you for a couple of laps - you might be safer for other trackusers, too

In fact, I plan to make use of the instructors again this year. Why not ...it is all included in the price so it would be silly not to

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Originally posted by /john:
[qb]I plan to make use of the instructors this year.  Why not ...it is all included in the price so it would be silly not to    [/qb][/b]
Me too, has to be the best insurance policy, and quickest route to fun

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
1. Mark E
4. BillJ.

I'm no expert either but it's amazing what you can pick up from someone who's done it before. Even just for peace of mind.

And from your previous showing, Ross, I think you'll be fine

However, it's always a worthwhile experience to take advantaqe of free professional instruction - these guys instruct racing drivers. I'll be booking some instruction again this year.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
There's always something that you've been doing wrong at one corner or another that will save you a heap of time on the lap.

The instructors know their circuit intimately . Use them.

Nick.

PS. I'll be happy to sit alongside anyone who'll have me.

1. Mark E
4. BillJ.
5. Nick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts