Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
that depends on the year & cat position...
For pre '94 there are two different part numbers for the B202 and B234 (same part +/- cat). However, for the 94-98 there is only one part number irrespective of (4 cyl) engine (there are two variants for the front placed cat vs the mid placed cat though).
Let me know what year you are interested in and I'll double check in the EPC.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The Saab EPC list these as different part numbers, non turbo 9ks with cats have the following parts:
93 93 455 down pipe '90-92 B202
40 19 535 down pipe '90-92 B234
I'm not familiar with these models, but presumably because there are two parts they are not interchangeable.
David

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Drd,I'll see what I can do but like I say I'm sure the 2.3 is a taller therefore the down pipes from the 2.0 wont fit.

I also had a look a the cat and the bloody flange is broke,the one nearest the back ****!

·
Registered
152 Posts
since it is a '91 you can legaly remove the cat if you want. A straight pipe will give a different exhaust note, but you can put in a std box to keep the same sound. Otherwise a good exhaust place should be able to weld the flange back, or adapt it in some way so that a new cat is not necessary.
David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.