Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exhaust Flexi, Engine Mounts etc. £££

I have noticed that my exhaust appears to blowing somewhere around the front of the flexi-pipe and/or the joint to the cat just in front of that, and it is slowly getting louder,.

Having read other posts I notice that the engine mounts can cause this problem by allowing too much movement from the engine.

How much is this all going to cost me.
Prices on the engine mounts and Exhaust bits would be great.

I probably won't bother fitting a performance system as I just don't have the money to do a proper job.

Skiddins

·
Registered
722 Posts
Re: Exhaust Flexi, Engine Mounts etc. £££

I believe we have 2 hydraulic engine mounts, each 50 pounds from eurocar parts. Also 2 torque arm and 1 gearbox rubber one. If the hydraulic ones have gone, chances are the others have gone. Poly ones are 26 each from elkparts. And oem are 10 each from euro gain.

My flexi pipe was cut off and a new one welded into place. Find a little local exhaust place - they will be abble to do it for you. Cost 40 over in NI.

A replacement downpipe was 50-60 from euro. For a carlsson, presume aero very similar.

Fitting : If you get a downpipe, small exhaust place will charge around 20 to fit (I phoned 3 different places)
The engine mounts....no idea, am phoning in morning, but BillJ did his in 2 hours, what does a saab indy charge per hour? 30?

Of course you can do all yourself, I don't think any are particularly difficult....I might have a go at the mountings myself....BillJ has a step by step for both of these jobs........ !!
BillJ have you though about going pay per view on your website!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Exhaust Flexi, Engine Mounts etc. £££

I already have the poly bushes at home, but I haven't gotten around to fitting them, despite having had them 18months!!
I remember being told to check the engine mounts first and remember them being very worn but not split.
Because of this I thought I'd wait until the main mounts were done before moving on to anything else.

Presumably they have now all split, the uppers are certainly a bit split.

This is what happens when you leave something for too long

Skiddins

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.