Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have driven some 700 miles more or less non stop on a 40 deg F day and when I started unloading my kitesurfing gear, I felt that lot of it became quite hot after being stuffed in the car trunk with the back seats folded down. I assume that it is from the exhaust? Is this normal? I recall that on some cars there was a heat shield above the last muffler, but I do not see any on mine...
Details- 9000 CS,1996 Automatic, 106,000 miles

Oh yeah - another observation- the ambient temperature display starts at some ~38 deg F or whatever the outodoor temp is, but increases steadily when the engine is on. During our trip it displayed some 122 deg F !!
Where is this sensor located?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi, welcome to Saabscene.

The outside temp sensor is under the front bumper, driver's side. It feels the engine heat, so in my car it'saccurate only on highway speeds. It's somehow trusty cruising around, and unreliable in the city. I'm afraid there's nothing to do about it.

I don't know about the heat problem. You haven't any exhaust leaks, have you? I never noticed a heat shield under the trunk in my car, as a matter of fact the last muffler doesn't even get that hot. Are you sure it's not the fuel pump?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I will inspect the sensor to see what's going on. On my previous 9000 CSE 94, the temperature reading was very stable and accurate. This car is all over the scale

Fuel pump creating such a heat, hmmmm..... I have to check that out too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.