Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got two fault codes that won't go away both relating to the EVAP system. Both codes appeared simultaneously and are circuit wiring faults.
My problem is in finding accurate information about the wiring. WIS shows 9 seperate wires going to and from the 10 pin connector on the leading edge of the tank. Three of the wires are for the pressure sensor, two of the wires are for the solenoid. This is all fine except that on the car itself, there are only 4 wires and I'm pretty sure these are for the fuel pump and the fuel level sender unit. Now according to WIS these wires should be there but where are the other wires that should be at connector 10-2? Has anyone come across this before? The car is 2007 9-3 aero petrol with 210hp engine.
I hope someone out there has come accross this before.
Thanks

·
Administrator
5,122 Posts
what are the codes..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I've got it sorted. The codes were for the EVAP sensor and the EVAP solenoid circuit wiring open or short to ground. Further investigation revealed that the ecm was set up for a US spec car (from the Trionic Tuning site). US cars have a different tank to EU cars. EU cars do not have EVAP pressure sensor or solenoid so that is why there was no wiring for them at the connector and why fault codes were being generated. The ecm was looking for reference signals that were never going to be there.
I will post again once it is a fix.
Thank you for taking the time to have a look at this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts