Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vast knowledge contained in this gem of a forum is needed again! My 9000 is holed up at Exeter St Davids Saab with about 7 or 8 faults showing on the diag machine. The current stumbling block is a faulty Crack Position Sensor which purchase will cost £180, fitting it takes a running total to £470. After everything has been cleared and the beast gets out of the cursed 'Limp home mode' I reckon I will be staring down the barrel of a £1k gun.

I can't see more than the 2 options of spending more than the car is worth on the repair, or breaking it for spares (2.3 turbo CSE if anyone wants it!!)
Are there any other avenues I could go down? I don't want to see the super swede perish but it may be the only way.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Is the 9000 engine that much different from the 9-5?

I bought a CPS for around £60 and fitted it myself in half an hour.

I still have family in Plymouth and I used these guys for some Rover servicing a while back at their earlier premises, but they also do Saab. There's this thread on the Owners Club board which gives the details.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
If the CPS is the same as the TDC sensor then the TDC costs £169+VAT as my brother needed one recently. However he paid less than the total amount you are quoting and he had a new DI cart and DI wiring loom as well

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol. The garage in Plymouth - Boringdon - are excellent for Saabs, except mine. They did all they could before the lack of the proper diagnostic machine prevented any more, it was then I had to get it towed to Exeter!
I am hoping that the CPS can cause many problems to appear elsewhere on the system, is this the case? If so I may press ahead with the repair.

Gonna phone Abbott tomorrow to see if they know anything.

NB. I have been using Boringdon Manor Garage for many a year, please don't read into this that they are in any way incapable!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.