Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
they are dependants, if after reseting limp home mode the fault keeps coming back you need to do this , ray had p1260 that wouldnt reset although limp home had being reset .............this cureed it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I figured it out. After playing with the throttle body (out of the car) I noticed that the spring retainer (bent part of the end of spring) was resting in the wrong spot. The butterfly moved on the cable, not on fly-by-wire. I realized that when the gas pedal is pressed with the engine off, the butterfly is not supposed to move. So I moved the spring to it's correct location, pulled on the cable and verified that the throttle butterfly did not move, then took the car on a test ride and it's all good now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, it was not in LHM. The black plastic cogged wheel did not rotate with the throttle, as is the case when a car is in limp home mode. The spring, which was simply in the wrong place, did not allow the throttle to close fully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, it was not in LHM. The black plastic cogged wheel did not rotate with the throttle, as is the case when a car is in limp home mode. The spring, which was simply in the wrong place, did not allow the throttle to close fully.
I am very late to this party. Regardless, I am in the same boat. 2001 Saab 9-3 with the 2.0, I've had a 1260 code for a minute now, I replaced the TB with a used working one after mine failed, I left the throttle cable attached to the engine and only disconnected it from the throttle body itself, the cogged wheel does not rotate when the TB is opened by the cable, I've reset the computer via OBD2 scanner a few times, but it comes back after a few minutes of driving. Mine doesn't seem to activate LHM, but I haven't driven more than about 30 mins at a time. I have noticed that it does hold rpm on its own while driving. Most frequently, when I push the clutch in, instead of dropping to idle, it holds itself at about 2000 RPM, it settles down if I tap the gas pedal and will drop back to around 1000. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts