Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 9000 CSE 2.0 lPT (1996)

On the subject of tuning, does anyone have the following answers??

1. Is the ECU EPROM removable with the trionic 5 system, i.e can i remove it and replace with another programed EPROM

2. anyone done this or know of some info on it.

3. anyone remapped the EPROM for trionic 5 themselves?

thanks

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I believe that Trionic 5 from 1994 on are flash programable (i.e EEprom or equiv). I assume that they are soldered in like the non flash programable 1993 T5's

All you need to know now is how!

Good luck, and welcome to Saabscene

Andrew

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My theory is to get the data off the E(E)PROM

and tweak and burn to a new EPROM (keeping original safe). I was just unsure about actually getting the EPROM out of the ECU.

on the side, my exhaust gasket is blowing some at one end, would this 'greatly' affect performance?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Recently done exhaust gasket and can confirm that it will affect performance slightly. Also, DO NOT just tighten the manifold stud nuts as this will likely shear the studs. Best to replace the gasket as the torque settings are very low (18lbft, if I recall) to take up new gasket thickness rather than rely on brute force sealing. Can be a pain to get manifold off, but definitely worth it in the end.

HTH,

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.